Wednesday 5 August 2015

Cambridge Trip


A Little Romance in Cambridge 





 A few weeks ago Mike (my boyfriend) & I managed to squeeze in a mini trip to Cambridge before we picked up my brother from Gatwick. I can honestly say it is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been and we are looking forward to going back.







 The city is magical and everywhere you turn, it feels as though you are on a film set as the architecture is stunning. We explored the city centre on foot, it has some lovely gift shops and restaurants and a really good shopping centre. However my absolute favourite part of the day was the punt (boat) ride. It was incredibly romantic, as the sun was going down and beaming off the college buildings as we sailed past them; making them look even more incredible. Sadly my phone died half way through the trip but Mike managed to get plenty of pics on his camera.



 We also found a little gem of a B&B which I booked via booking.com (my new fave for hotel deals). When I say little gem.  I actually mean huge, as it was the most beautiful manor house. This took up the rest of our evening as we explored the grounds and all of the incredibly ornate rooms. 




For anyone looking for a cultural/ educational or romantic trip.. Cambridge is definitely worth considering!

No comments:

Post a Comment